Path and Promises Of Membership
At UUFBR we understand that the path to membership is special and unique for each individual. For some of us it involved nothing more than attending a couple of Sunday services to know we had found our spiritual home; for others it has taken significantly longer. There are still others who support the fellowship with their time, talent, and treasure but, for varied reasons, never become official members.
The act of becoming a member is simple: All that is required is signing the Membership Book. But this simple act has significant implications.
When you sign the Membership Book:
- You are joining a community that is individually and collectively searching for truth.
- You are joining a congregation striving for justice.
- You are willing to join with folks who strive to live with integrity – in loving relationship with each other.
- You are committing to supporting the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton with your time, talent and treasure.
How can I get involved at UUFBR?
There is always a lot going on at UUFBR – offering many opportunities to connect with like-minded people both socially and working side-by-side. Learn about the social events, programs and community outreach opportunities that can help you get connected. You will learn about upcoming events and have a chance to sign up to volunteer
Path to Membership
A Q & A session about UUFBR and learn about the privileges and responsibilities of membership.
We encourage you to attend one of these classes before you decide to become a member.
When you feel ready to become a member of our fellowship, speak to the minister, a board member or someone from the Membership Team who will make arrangements for you to sign the Membership Book.
Once you become a member, you will be invited to attend a New Member Sunday, where you will be welcomed into the congregation during the service and honored at a luncheon immediately afterwards.
If you have any questions regarding membership, feel free to contact: email@example.com
Promises of Membership
Membership Confers Rights and Privileges
- You have a vote
- You can be elected into Leadership
- You will receive The "UU World"
- Life Cycle Celebrations
Membership Involves Obligations
- The Gift of your Presence
- The Gift of your Participation
- The Gift of your Practice
- The Gift of your Pledge